MK VII U2 Classic Composite Tonearm Wand
Shipping Time: 72 Hours
Termination Choice Options:
– 1m (39 inches) Direct RCA or XLR
– 10 inches to Box Output FRCA
– 7 inches to DIN Cardas Connector (DIN to RCA or XLR Cable Not Included)
Longer Cable Available
The unique dual-pivot design of this precision tonearm provides unrivaled tracking, transparency, and resolution.
The arm creates a musical sound stage unmatched by any other. It has been described as powerful and dynamic, solid yet expressive, delicate and tactile. The outstanding quality of this arm, commented on time and again, is that it is invisible, lacking the colorations that plague so many of our competitors.
• Black or silver finish
• Damped headshell
• Annealed-aluminum coaxial damped armtube
• Clamping yoke design that firmly couples the headshell tube to the bearing tube, making for a single unit yet allowing azimuth rotation of the headshell
• Silicone-fluid trough tonearm damping
• Bearings featuring hand-crafted, hardened and polished needle cones
• Progressive anti-skating design
• Sophisticated system of decoupled counterweights, allowing proper stylus force for any cartridge without altering effective mass
• Easy 3-screw installation, with no large VTA hole
• Type: gimbal-bearing tonearm
• Effective length: 250mm
• Pivot-to-spindle distance: 233.5mm
• Overhang: 16.5mm
• Offset angle: 22°
• Effective mass: 11g
• Bearing offset: 22°
“The Tri-Planar’s ability to resolve low level detail was superb, and its tonal balance and frequency extensions were exemplary. In every way, it remains one of the world’s premier arms.”
-Stereophile July 2001 Vol. 24 No. 7: pages 33-35.
“[The Tri-Planar Ultimate Mk. VII] removes colorations… but leaves the ‘lushness’ and ‘sweetness’ of the music in a field of the highest resolve and definition.”
– Harry Pearson, “Recommended Products,” The Absolute Sound Issue 144, October/November 2003: page 63.